Lookup form (1 Viewer)

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:02
You know that cool dialog box that windows help uses for the find tab? The one where you begin typing the word to look for and the list box displays only corresponding words. I definitely need this kind of form in one of my databases. I know how to create one, but I figured if one of you guys (or gals) already had a sample it would save me alot of time, and I just might make my deadline. I'll be working on one in the meantime.

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
There's something similar in the sample posted here (Thanks TechnoWeenie):
http://www3.sympatico.ca/qaissuper/Index.html

Download the SearchingOptions.zip and look at the code for "using a second form." It pulls up records with a match anywhere in the field, but you could change it to only pull the words that start with the typed string. I'm thinking of using it also, but I'm worried that when I get it populated with the 50,000 names from my Mom's mailing list, it may be a little too slow (she types about 60 wpm and doesn't like to slow down for the computer...).

Matt

DES

Technoweenie
Local time
Today, 02:02
Hey guys that search form you are discussing works fine on a database with over 135,000 records. Don't sell it short *smile*

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks so much. Works like a charm!! Even better that it has a global field search!

~Charity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom