mail() function reliability (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
all,

i'm wondering how reliable this function is...that is...does the message get to the inbox?

i have email accounts with the following systems:

*Yahoo
*MSN
*Hotmail
*Lycos
*Gmail
*Hushmail
*Rocketmail

The only server I know of for a fact that filters out messages that comes from PHP mail() is Yahoo, as I have sent myself messages to all of these accounts to test the function. Yahoo automatically sends is to the SPAM folder. Does anyone else know of any other companies or internet mail servers out there that are risks for me? I use mail() in PHP to send a ton of messages over the course of any given week. these can be in the form of automated responses, acknowledgements, invoices for orders, follow-ups, etc, etc...

I simply do not know if everyone that my script sends these to are getting the messages. Yahoo addresses are automatically captured, and I still have to send those responses manually because of the filter that I mentioned above. Does anyone know if there are other risks out there besides the ones that I've tested? I appreciate it! It would also be very helpful to know if typical network administrators and intranet monitors are aware of this function and the possible abuse that could come by its availability to the general public. If they are, I would not be surprised at all if they have taken steps to block messages that come from PHP. Any advice on this anyone?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
I found a pretty good answer to this. to anyone looking for the answer as well, here is what I have:

SERVERS THAT ALLOW MESSAGES FROM MAIL()
*Gmail
*Hotmail
*MSN

SERVERS THAT FILTER TO THE SPAM FOLDER
*Yahoo / Rocketmail

SERVERS THAT DELETE THE MESSAGE COMPLETELY
*Lycos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom