Mail Merge Sepecific Records (1 Viewer)

Tiffosi2007

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:18
Hi,

I want to create a mail merge to send out to contacts from my database. I have no problem doing this but i only want to select specific contacts.

The database holds a list of contacts and a list of plans. When the user selects a mail merge for plan A i only want to include contacts who have that plan.

I am trying to work out if i need some code when the mail merge starts? I could create a seperate query for each plan but its very long winded. The current query shows every single plan and the contacts who have each one.

Can anyone help? This is really wigging me!!

Thanks

George Bowyer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:18
Presuming that you use a form in the database to send the information to the mailmerge, put a list box on your form in which to select the relevent plan and use that list box as the criteria in the "PlanID" (or whatever) field in your query. Your query will then only return records with the relevant plan.

Tiffosi2007

Registered User.
Local time
That is what i had come up with as well, thanks for that! Dont know why i couldnt think of it before. Brainfade i think.

Thanks for the help

Tiffosi2007

Registered User.
Local time
Surprisingly i am stuck...again!

With ref to the original problem, i have created a form where the user selects the plan he wants to view from a combo box. This then runs a query and uses the like to select the correct records: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmPlanMailMerge]![cmbPlan] & "*"

Now that the query is open, i need to automate it so that it populates a mail merge document. I cannot see how to do this, any ideas? I know i can physically do this myself but i dont want the end users to have to.

Thanks

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 23:18
check the samples on this ..
some clever bunny has already done this -

check automation of word or (and) mailmerge

g

Tiffosi2007

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers Gary, will have a look and see if i can fathum it out.!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom