Make a path with spaces "clickable" (1 Viewer)

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:03
I use the following code on a form to inform various individuals that a report has been placed in a folder for their viewing. Because the "path" has spaces in it, the users are unable to click on the link and go directly to the site - I can do this manually by highlighting the path and pasting it as a html(?) - but I don't want to do this for all the reports I run. Is there a way in code to make a path "clickable"?

If chkActEM = -1 Then
DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "noname@.com,nextname", , , "ActualstoDatabase", _
"The actuals for this week have been placed in the following folder: \\Net\group folders\Data Services Planning and Engineering\Products\"
End If

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:03
I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you want... but look at

Application.FollowHyperlink

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
I want the following part of my docmd. sendobject to display in the message portion of my email as a hyperlink.
\\Net\group folders\Data Services Planning and Engineering\Products\

If it weren't for the spaces in the path it would automatically. I'm not sure how to incorporate "application.hyperlink" into my docmd.sendobject.

If chkActEM = -1 Then
DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "noname@.com,nextname", , , "ActualstoDatabase", _
"The actuals for this week have been placed in the following folder: \\Net\group folders\Data Services Planning and Engineering\Products\"
End If

modest

Registered User.
Local time
Send the object as an html email and include the necessary html tags.

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks - I'll play with it and see what happens.

modest

Registered User.
Local time
I forgot to mention, in order to send a message as html, or rtf, you'll have to open a connection to the actual application. I'm going to assume you're using Outlook. You'll have to include a reference to your Outlook Objects and change the settings from there.

Instead of the Docmd.SendObject, you'll use the outlook object's .Send

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
The plot thickens - thanks for the heads up I was just looking in Access VB help - now I search Outlook. Marie :D

modest

Registered User.
Local time
There is a workaround, but I think it'd be better if you just use the Outlook objects

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom