Making Items Visible on Invisible (1 Viewer)

Wicklund

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:57
On a Purchase Order, there may be some instances where it is revised, and some of the items can be cancelled. I am showing items are cancelled by adding an 'Item Cancelled' button for each item. When this button is {Active}, and an item is cancelled, I would like that item to stay on the PO, but have a line drawn through it.

I have accomplished this on the PO Report by using the following code in the [On Format] event.

If Me.Item_Cancelled = -1 Then
[Cancelled Line].Visible = True
Else
[Cancelled Line].Visible = False
End If

In the form however, the line is either visible for all records, or none of the records.

Is there a 'location' to put the code in the form, so the line will be visible for only records where the condition is met (The same as for the report?

Thank you,

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 17:57
What I have done, probably not the good way, but at least it works, is a txtbox with a field in the query were I say that if there is datas than txtbox="_______________________" (underlines)

Caution! This is not a good way to code. I'm still looking for a better answer.

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
I don't know the answer to the question about implementing this in your form. I tried to do the same sort of thing and couldn't get it to work.

However, for your reports, you can replace your If / Then / Else statement to the following, which gives the same results:
Code:
[Cancelled Line].Visible = Me.Item_Cancelled
Since Me.Item_Cancelled is either True or False, it's value may be assigned directly to the .visible property without the mincing around.

Wicklund

Registered User.
Local time
Rich,

Thank you!! Once I understood what your code was doing, I applied it to mine, and it worked perfectly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom