Making permanent changes to a database form via a form (1 Viewer)

JC10001

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:00
Hello,

I have a command button, which when clicked opens a document stored on a network via a hyperlink address.

I would like to set up a txt box for administrators of this database so that they may enter a new hyperlink address for this command button in case the document is moved to another location.

Right now I can get it to change via this line of code:

cmd_btn.HyperlinkAddress = txt.Value

However, when the user closes the form or the database the changes are reset back to what they were before. Is there a way to make these changes to the form permanent and if so, how?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:00
Is the text box "bound" to a field in the table? The user needs to be able to save the record that the hyperlink address was changed to.

JC10001

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:00
The thing is, the hyperlink is not a record. Are you saying the only way I can do this is if I make a table with hyperlinks?

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:00
You can only store [add/modify/delete] data contained in a table. I also suggest that you format the weblink field as "text" and continue to use the application.followhyperlink method. Formatting that field as a hyperlink will create problems with how the data is stored in the table for it will make editing the value more work for the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom