Martin Luther King Holiday Shattered (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 08:37
Today, is the day that we are to celebrate Martin Luther Kings dream of a color free society. Today we will also hear, from numerous politicians, high sounding rhetoric pontificating on King's positive influence on US culture. Many of these speeches (from Biden/Harris) will simply be empty dishonest rhetoric devoid of any real meaning to put on a "good show" for the gullible.

On the day Biden assumed office, he issued Executive Orders, that made racism official US government policy. This was reiterated in a recent speech by Biden in Atlanta. In that speech Biden invoked King's name and asked the rhetorical question of "would you rather be on the side of King or Wallace" (paraphrased). Biden's words are ironic, as Biden has demonstrated that he is on the side of Wallace, not King. King advocated that a person's "worth" was based on the content of their character, not the color of one's skin. Seems that Biden, by implementing racist policies, was unaware of what he was really saying.

What is also extremely disturbing, those on the progressive left who actually support Biden's racist policies have abandoned King's dream of a color-free society. Consequently, those who support Biden's racist policies have no moral basis for complementing King's memory today, since they are demonizing King's dream of a color-free society based on the content of one's character.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since posting, this story appeared. A recognition that the left is attempting to erase King's legacy and that it must be prevented.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ironically, on this day when we remember and pay tribute to King, the leftist tide in inciting racist policies and erasing King's legacy may be running out of steam as evidenced by the headlines below. If the leftist tide of inciting racism is starting to abate, that is good news.
"Using race as preferential factor for treatment is 'profoundly unethical,' 'immoral,' and 'illegal,' attorneys say"

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
What's really disturbing is you have a diversity hire in the White House complaining about how the system doesn't work. :D

She's right, it doesn't work she was hired because she checked a box, everyone knows it.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
What's really disturbing is you have a diversity hire in the White House complaining about how the system doesn't work. :D

She's right, it doesn't work she was hired because she checked a box, everyone knows it.
Your response leads to a broader picture. It appears that most of Biden's hires for political appointments (cabinet secretaries) where hired for either their "check box" attributes or being hyper partisan Democratic sycophants. That leads me to conclude that the appointees are in their positions to further the Democratic political agenda, not to actually run the country or the departments that they are supposed to be managing.

It would seem that Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security, falls into the extreme partisan Democratic sycophant category as he claimed the US southern border was closed as the illegal immigrants poured-in. Takes a lot of chutzpah to say that something does not exist in the face of video showing that it does.

Then there is Buttigieg who may fit in the LGBTQ category and has received a lot of grief for not solving the nations logistics bottleneck problems. Apparently he is in hiding. But I do need to state that Buttigieg should not be condemned, as it is not a federal responsibility. Nevertheless, (even though it is not his responsibility) Buttigieg could actively work with (negotiate with) the stakeholders to get the logistics bottleneck unraveled. I guess his praternity obligations superceede his obligations to this nation.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The days when people were not hired due to the color of their skin are gone. WHY are the Democrats trying to bring them back? My granddaughter's boyfriend was recently told he couldn't be promoted "yet" because he didn't check the right boxes. There is no way to atone for the sins of the past except by recognizing them and vowing to do better. Repeating the sins but targeting a different group isn't equity. It is discrimination by a different name and it is just as wrong. I don't care how many boxes a person checks, I prefer to fly in a plane where the piolet was hired for his/her/it's skill rather then because of stupid check boxes. I also prefer that my politicians have some basic understanding of and respect for the Constitution. Silly me.

PS - as a job applicant, if you dress like a slob and you sound like a gangsta', don't expect to be hired if there is anyone else who applied for the position.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
“[King] pushed for racial justice, for economic justice and for the freedom that unlocks all others, the freedom to vote. Today, our freedom to vote is under assault,” Harris said in web-streamed remarks.
Harris, the vice-President of the US, continues to get into the gutter to implement a smear campaign by disgustingly twisting King's legacy. Yes, King pushed for racial justice. But he also wanted a society were a person's "worth" was based on the content of their character. Instead Biden/Harris have implemented racist policies based on the color of one's skin and have abandoned any pretext judging a person based on the content of their character. That is not honoring King's legacy. Biden/Harris have no respect for King's legacy, they are on the side of Wallace not King.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Racial justice is treating people equally. The left has perverted the meaning to be that we must continue injustice today to somehow atone for injustice in the past. Sounds like the Old Testament "eye for an eye" concept but the left doesn't believe in the bible and just spouts the talking points when it is convenient so they don't understand that if someone put out your great-great-great-grandfather's eye a hundred years ago, putting out my eye today isn't anything that any rational person would consider "justice".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom