Mawama (1 Viewer)

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Hello I'm generating simple report. I have table that has entries and each entry has linked to its picture to the other folder.

I want to display report of each entry with its picture and be to change pitures automatically if entry report change.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
What version of Access are you using.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

I am using Access 2007.

I will appreciate for your help mate.

Regards,

Mawama

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Mawama,

The first thing you do to associate an Image with the information on the Form. Lets assume that the Record is ID=1 and the Images are stored are C:\Databases\Images\

For ID=1 there is a file C:\Databases\Images\1.jpg

So on your report based on a Query there would be a control ImageFile and there would be an Expression: ImageFile= "C:\Databases\Images\" & ID & ".jpg"

With Access 2007 you get away with creating an ImageControl with a Control Source =[ImageFile].

This assumes that it the record that determines the Image there maybe different reasons for changing the image.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your kindness.

I have tried to follow the steps but still not working aright.

Let me put it this way for you understand it well;

1. I have a table with 5 entries (person) - each person (entry) has name, date of birth, age, sex, picture & weight
2. I created Query to retrieve or select data just for one person based on “name”
3. Now I want to generate a report that can display details based on Query above.
4. If run Query select name “Andrew” the report has to display all entries for Andrew including his pictures, if I select “John” then report has to display all entries for John including his picture, etc

I have managed to generate a report with all the details ISSUE is how to display picture for none person and change it when I Query to select another person.

I am looking forward hearing back from you mate.

Cheers,

Mamawa

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
How do you know which image belongs to each person.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

In Table under picture column I have linked each person to its respective picture located in a different folder.

Under picture column for each person, I have done the following steps;
· Right click
· Hyperlink
· Edit Hyperlink and select the picture from folder.

Thanks mate.

Mawama.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Try uploading a version I will show you how to do with an Image control.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

Very sorry mate - how to upload this version? Currently I am working on access 2007.

Regards,

Mawama.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Right Click on the database Send to Compressed Folder then in the forum thread use Go Advanced and you will see a Paperclip > Browse to Compressed Folder > Select > Upload.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

I have attached uploaded my database as you asked.

I'm try sending the picture folder as well but looks over maximum size.

Hope you will fix this mate.

Cheers,

Mawama

Attachments

• Mawama.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 100

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

I cannot attach the pitures folder looks be over maximum size.

Are you able to have some pitures from your side for trial?

Hope this time all will be fine.

Cheers,

Mawama.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mawama,

I have changed a few things.

Table Failures

Moved Failure and Failure type to top and created a Primary Key on Failure. Rename GeoTech_Recommend

Query qry_Failures renamed and created an Expression PictureFile.
This will need to be edited with the folder containing your images.
The images will need to be renamed to the Failure Number as this correlates the image with the Failure.

rpt_Failures changed the width and height to fit the page. Added Sort and Header and Footer on Failure. Resized the detail but don't know where to put the image so it is currently in the Failure Header. That will need to be moved. If you are using the detail then I would suggest that you size the image so each Failure fits the page.

Simon

Attachments

• Mawama.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 90

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,

Thanks very much and I really appreciate for your help mate - it looks great & works fine.

I have established a folder to store pictures and I have renamed each to its failure number.

Once again thanks mate for taking your valuable time to assist me.

Regards,

Mawama.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mawama,

My pleasure.

You may need to optimise your images. I use 500 x 500 px at 72dpi at 60% of the original image and end with files averaging 50KB. I have had issues with images 2,000KB or 2MB. This is just a guide but a 1000x1000 pixel image is 4 times the size.

Because you using Access 2007 you can handle the images as I've shown you, we have waited since Access 2 before Access 1997. Before that it was a longwinded process.

Simon

mawama

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Simon,Hope all are well for you mate.Sorry just got another issues for your assistance - got a access form to enter data into a table, but got stack how to go on enter a new entry I need to have a enter button and go to the new record.Please your help will be really appreciated.Cheers,Mawama.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Mawana,

If you are using a From then create a Command Button New and then (I use a Function)

Code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "Put your Form Name", acNormal, "", "", acFormAdd, acWindowNormal

Make sure the From Properties Allow Addition is Yes

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom