Maximum limits in an Access project (1 Viewer)

amorosik

Local time
Today, 07:35
What are the maximum limits of a procedure created with Access?
I mean, is there a maximum number of forms?
Of Reports? Module?
Is there a maximum length of a module?
Is there official Microsoft information on the maximum limits for a project created with Access?

And do they depend on the versions?
In the sense that Access2019 has more limits than Access2000?

Cotswold

Local time
Today, 06:35
Typing "ms access limits", or "ms access specifications", or a combination into your browser search, should do the job

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 06:35
See
Whilst most of the limits in that article are correct, some are out of date and should be treated as guidelines. See also two articles on my website:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 22:35
What are the maximum limits of a procedure created with Access?
I mean, is there a maximum number of forms?
Of Reports? Module?
Is there a maximum length of a module?
Is there official Microsoft information on the maximum limits for a project created with Access?

And do they depend on the versions?
In the sense that Access2019 has more limits than Access2000?
While there are technical specifications and limits, and you can find those at the references previously posted, there are also practical limits to the usability of any given application. For example, IMO, it would be very, very rare for a usable Access relational database application to include thousands of reports, even if you can, technically, create that many.

For that reason, the only limit to which I pay particular attention is the overall 2 GB size limitation, which again, has a practical limit of around half that technical specification.

More recent versions of Office do require more memory than earlier versions, so in that sense, there is at least one more stringent limit on Access 365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom