MDE file size question. (1 Viewer)

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:03
Hi, I was recently searching on the site for information leading to the compiling of an .exe file from the Access database. What I come to realize is that this is not possible. I was led to the MS Visual Studio 2005 for MS office studio and the MS Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions for it to use the Access runtime (As I came to understand) without having to install Access. If I am at all wrong up to this point please let me know. I was just wondering about that for clarification, my real concern is regarding the size of my database and the problem making it into an MDE.

As of now, my program is at roughly 30 mb, which I did not think was too incredibly large. However, Access will not allow me to create the MDE file. Where I think my problem is lying is that I have images scanned into the DB and then text boxes on top allowing me to essentially type a form and print it out.

Is there a better, more size efficient way of doing this? I have a hunch that it is the images that are not allowing for the MDE export, but I did not think they were all too large in size. If anyone has any comments that may help I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

-Bob

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:03
The file format needs to be the same as the version of Access you are using in order to make an MDE file. The default file format for ac2k, ac2k2, ac2k3 is ac2k. If you are using ac2k3 then go to Tools>Database Utilities>Convert Database and Convert the file format to ac2k3.

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, I did that already, and I am still getting the same message. I will transfer it to my home computer and post the error im getting. Maybe that will give some more insight

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Does your code compile? Access will not make an MDE if there is a compile error.

Bobert

Registered User.
Local time
Got it figured out! There was some code that wasnt compiling. I actually just saw another thread with someone having the exact same problem! How fortunate. Thanks for the help.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Excellent! Thanks for posting back with your success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom