Memory Error Message in Access 97 (1 Viewer)

BJS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:56
Hi...can you help?

I have a multi-user MS Access97 database application. It is causing one of the users (and I have only once had the error message myself) the following error message:

"There isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close unneeded programs and try again."

This error message occurs when the user is doing data entry via the forms and navigating between forms in the database. The form, on which the error occurs becomes oversized and does not display all the information. The user is forced to shut down the database, re-open it, and then it works fine....but eventually the error re-occurs.

I found Microsoft's article 236977, but it applies to working with Forms in Access 2000. This problem is happening in Access 97, and none of the causes listed in the article apply.

Has anyone every come across this....and do you know of a solution?

Thanks,
BJS

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:56
I have come across this problem with corrupted forms but since you can open it is not the same issue.

I have also slightly similar issue with main form with 2 sub-forms involving rather more extensive recordsource in the sub-form. The error response is not memory related but more to do with unable to resolve the recordsource of the sub-form. In this particular case I then change to using filters in the sub-form that stops this problem.

In all your problem cases, what is the OS and what is the memory in the system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom