Microsoft Access can't find the macro '.' (1 Viewer)

REDaughdril

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:12
I get this error message (Microsoft Access can't find the macro '.'). How do I get rid of this? Thanks

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
What has happened, I suspect, is that you've entered something in one of the properties of your form or in a property of a control on your form, have deleted it, and inadvertently left a period/decimal point/dot still in the box! Property boxes, if not blank, contain either Expressions, [Event Procedure] which indicares code exists, or Macros. Since a period/decimal point/dot can't represent the first two possibilities, Access assumes that this is the name of a Macro, and not finding it, throws up an error message. Hopefully you can tell by when the error is thrown which control it is associated with, and go into the property box for that control and check for the solitary dot! For instance, if you enter data into a certain control and move to the next field and the flag goes up, check the propertiers for the field you just left. If it doesn't appear to be associated with a single control, check the properties for the form itself.

Good luck!

Linq

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom