Mouse Pointer Dissappears (1 Viewer)

Oreynolds

Local time
Today, 12:29
Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with the mouse pointer disappearing intermittently whilst using Access. It completely vanishes but then just reappears a few seconds later (anywhere between 2/4 seconds). We are using Windows 10 and Office 365 latest version.

I thought it was related to my machine but then another user in our office complained of the same thing. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:29
Typical questions for this sort of thing would include whether you have any OnTimer events running in the background of any form and whether you have code that involves the method that would change the mouse pointer to the "hourglass" and back again.

It would also help if you advise everyone to watch for that and make notes of what they were doing, which form they were using, what buttons they might have clicked just before the pointer bugs out on you.

Oreynolds

Local time
Typical questions for this sort of thing would include whether you have any OnTimer events running in the background of any form and whether you have code that involves the method that would change the mouse pointer to the "hourglass" and back again.

It would also help if you advise everyone to watch for that and make notes of what they were doing, which form they were using, what buttons they might have clicked just before the pointer bugs out on you.

Hi, thanks for the comment.

In answer, there is no pattern to the cursor disappearing, it simply happens randomly on any form at anytime. In terms of on timer events there is one that runs on the main switchboard form that runs a small block of code every 1 minute to check user activity and refresh a couple of simple sub forms on it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
When that small block of code runs each minute, it may well be the cause of the cursor disappearing temporarily

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom