Move access queries to server and re-link (1 Viewer)

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:12
Hi,

Almost all of my forms, subforms and reports are based on query in Access. Tables are ODBC linked ones. I renamed them to to their orginal names. Everything is woking smoothly.

I would like to know that would it be better if I shift my Access queries to server db? Would all they work properly? After taking a back up copy of my db, I tried to depot all my queries 'as is' to server db like tables. And then tried to re-link them all in my db same like what I did with tables. I found they are all apearing in Table tab of db in window where all the tables are already available. Is this the way they works? I thought that they will be apprearing under Query object tab.

Would they work? Or Is this the right way? I am using Server 200 personal edition.

Please advice.

With kind regards,

Last edited:

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 14:42
Hmmm ... if you are putting them in as Views, then they would appear as tables in Access. If you put them in as Stored Procedures, then you would have to create Pass-Through queries in Access to them and then they would show up in your query tab.

Ashfaque

Student
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:12
Thanks PDX n sorry for my late reply.

Then how can I convert my Access queris to SP? Is there any way to deploy them directely like tables or do I need to re-write them all one-by-one?

Regards,
Ashfaque

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 14:42
You need to re-write them all one-by-one.

Dennisk

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:42
one thing to consider is if your Access queries use Access UDFs (User defines Functions) if so then you will have to rewrite those in TSQL as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom