.MoveNext not working (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:39
Good luck. Using the linked tables and an append query should be pretty simple. You can also use the linked table to help the users determine if the contact already exists to prevent duplicates. Outlook lets you add duplicates. It is a flat file so it doesn't care. Using Acces, will allow you to clean up the contacts more easily.

Doing stuff like this always worries me though so make sure you back up the contacts data before you run any update queries on it.

NauticalGent

CopyPaster of the First Order
Local time
I haven't had to do this in years but try linking to the contacts table in Outlook. I think it is in Other data sources. You can use this linked table like any other linked table. You can even update it. However, that process is a little strange. If you open the table and modify one of the entries, the entry shows #deleted# after the update completes. so it looks like the process deletes the old record and adds a new record because if you close and open the recordset, you see the updated record. If all you are doing is appending records, that should be fine.
I was wondering why no one had suggested this yet but I was keeping my silence because I was unsure. I just tested it on my work thin client and it worked like a charm.

I think it is in Other data sources.
That is correct.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was wondering why no one had suggested this yet
It's too simple. Not enough of a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom