Question MS Access 2007 and SqlServer 2008 express (1 Viewer)

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:47
I am having a problem connecting an MS Access 2007 ADP to an Sql Server 2008 Express Server.

I installed SQL Server express 2008 on a machine running windows 7. When I try to connect to the server using an MS Access 2007 ADP. I get an error “Login Failed. Catalog information cannot be retrieved.” I tried connecting using the SA account, Windows Authenication, and with a user that I created that had SysAdmin permissions – nothing works.

I CAN connect to the server using Sql Server management studio, I can create an odbc connection that works, and I can create an asp.net connection that works using Visual Studio 2008.

It would seem that Access would be the problem but I CAN connect to an Sql Server 2008 Express database running on a remote server so I can’t figure out where the problem is.

I previously had SQL Server 2005 express installed that worked ok. When I upgraded to SQL Server 2008 is the problem started. I have uninstalled and resinstalled Sql Server 2008 Express sever times and I’m still getting the same problem.

Does anyone have any Idea what the problem could be? Could it be a problem with the registry?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom