MS Access combo box filter subform with Select Distinct (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 04:26
Regarding the modules... if they are like a car and you can just borrow ( copy - paste ) and doesn't require any modifications they are more than welcome, as long as i don't need to make any modifications to their code
Yep, you should never need to modify them. Unless I did not do something correctly, or did not account for a given case. However, I will say those module are extremely robust. Actually they are so robust most of the capabilities you would never use.
I need to write up how to use it completely. But it handles all data types, all types of filters like, or, and, = , >,< etc and almost all control types to include multi select listboxes. It handles any column you specify or the bound column if not. 99% of the time most people are using it on a combo box where the bound field is the field you want to filter on, like you are doing.

Costinu

Local time
Today, 11:26
@arnelgp
Thanks for your support in soving my problem. It is a different approach indeed, but the filters need to be filled in a specific order, you cannot skip one.

@MajP
Your last file seems to do the trick, i got us to the fact that after i select a value from the filter i need to double click to reset the box if i miss clicked and need to select something else.
I had a look at the thread you posted earlier abaout the advanced filter, but it gives me an error when i open it and doesn't do anything.

MajP

Local time
Try this version. Might have been a bad reference. If you get an error, what is the error?

Attachments

• DataSheetLikeFilterClass_New.accdb
    3.3 MB · Views: 158

Costinu

Local time
Access cannot open the file command 37.
When i click debug it send me to this line
.add Me!Command37, "id"

Costinu

Local time
@MajP
The last one you sent me gives me an error as well:
Access can't open the file 'filter sector'

When i click debug it sends me to the same line
.add Me!Command37, "id"

May be from my Access version ... or some settings i have.

MajP

Local time
Yes you are probably on an older version of Access. This uses the Image Gallery to place some images on the form. That is a relatively new feature. What do you have.

Costinu

Local time
Don't know. 2007 i think. What is the latest version ?
Also, is it possible to have a search box with pictures ?
For example to have two colums and in the left to write "Laptop" and in the right to have a picture with a laptop.
And if that is possible, to make it work like this: if you click in the text "laptop" to select the filter criteria and if you click on the picture to display it in a pop-up window enlarged?

If it sounds stupid ... don't mind me ... only dreaming

MajP

Local time
Yes. Probably. How pictures are handled will depend on your version. If it is a few pictures you can store in your db as an attachment field. They can also be stored externally and show in the db using a link to a file. A lot of big pictures will bloat your db. There is no true native control that does images and text. There is an active x image combo, see if you can get the demo to work. Active X controls are not very portable, so would not recommend it. You could make a subform to look like a list box with a text field and an image control. Then You can click on the text box it could filter and pop up and image if you click on the image.

Attachments

• ImageCombobox.accdb
    636 KB · Views: 135

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom