MS Access Modifying PowerPoint - Demo Post (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 09:24
Greetings all,

Admins, if this is in the incorrect place, please relocate. I am posting here because it could relate to the theory and design in a systems delivery approach. :)

I had an interesting project which required a different approach to present data to the end user. In short, Access reports could not handle the quantity of controls or the detailed graphics that were required. The requirements were a delivery method the end users could (a) understand and (b) use in other applications. My final delivery was to manipulate PowerPoint files since the users could use the copy and paste to meet (a) and (b).

Not much information was posted for this (other than chart manipulation from Excel to Powerpoint); thus I went through a learning curve and posting a good starting point for other users that might face this same dilemma for a quick start and understanding.

Three files are included with the attachment. The Access Project, the macro .PPT (which includes the NameShape macro), and a template .PPT (macro removed) for the demo.

Again, ideas for use would be a visual indicator of temperature distribution, population concentrations, etc., for a system-wide snapshot generated in real-time and in a format that can act as a stand-alone, or bundled in a report.

Last, this project was created in Access and PowerPoint '07 but saved as '03 files should there be any unknown issues.

-dKINLEY

Attachments

• PowerPointModification03.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,450
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom