MS Project Import (1 Viewer)

graviz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:50
I'm starting to work in Microsoft Project and wanted to see if I could import the data into an access table. The person who is teaching me has a macro in MS Project (listed below) and saves it as an excel file with 3 tabs (Activities, Resource Roster and Assignments). He the links to the excel file from an access database and manipulates it from there.

Code:
FileSaveAs Name:="C:\\Projects\RFC113153 – WSAPI Master List August 2014\RFC113153 – Project Data.xls", FormatID:="MSProject.XLS5", map:="Project Data for Access"

I would like to see if there's a way to do that exact code just into 3 access tables vs excel tabs.

I've searched and can't find anything that can accomplish this. Here are the things I've played with and don't work:

Save Data -> Save Database (saves it in an odd format)

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk...?t=51847&page=1&pp=15&highlight=project+wayne

This seems close but there are a lot more fields to import.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 22:50
Try reading your post again and demudify it.

I am guessing that you have a workbook with 3 specifically named sheets that you wish to import into Access. If so then lookup TransferSpreadsheet method in the docs.

If that is not what you want then read your post and demudify it :D

graviz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:50
Try reading your post again and demudify it.

I am guessing that you have a workbook with 3 specifically named sheets that you wish to import into Access. If so then lookup TransferSpreadsheet method in the docs.

If that is not what you want then read your post and demudify it :D

Current Process: MS Project outputs to Excel and then Excel into Access

Desired Process: MS Project to Access directly

Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom