Multiple Field help (1 Viewer)

maxxximaniac

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:37
Good day everyone,
I am designing a database and came to a screeching halt :(

I have attached the db below for convenience.
form in question is frm_InputProductionBatching

What I have is: combo box Function, NumberOfItems, and Minutes in the detail section.

There are three links above that I am trying to make shortcuts in a sense. Those are the most used and would like to make it easier for the user to input instead of selecting from the drop down.

The table its bound to is tbl_InputProduction

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Production Scorecard.zip
    171.3 KB · Views: 132

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:37
I have looked at your database and I have no idea what you are trying to do! Can you have another go at explaining what you want?

maxxximaniac

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sorry for not giving a better explanation....

I attached two pictures below...
1.jpg Is my current form
2.jpg is what I'm trying to do.

Basically, The three fields in the middle are where a technician needs to enter in data. Each field is bound to a table. There are about 50 values in the combo box.

I want the top 4 most used functions, labeled as "Predetermined Function x" to be on the form to save time and errors. Basically to avoid them having to fish through the combo box. They can just enter the amount of items and minutes instead of going through the combobox.

Hope I explained a little better, thank you for your time! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 98

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Ah, I see. Probably the easiest way is to set the default value of the combo box. Look at the properties sheet for the control and enter the most popular choice as the default. You can still select another value with the combo list to override this.

maxxximaniac

Registered User.
Local time
I tried doing this but when i enter in say amount of minutes for the 1st pretermined field, all the others become the 1st row's value, because all the fields are bound to the same place. Then the default values disappear and become what was selected first.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Well don't bind them to the same place! You seem to be binding your form to tables. It is better practice to use queries. Each combo could be bound to a different query.

I'm not sure what the macros attached to the control events are for. You appear to have a very complex setup for a fairly simple task.

It's not obvious what your application does.

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Quicker way

Here is a quicker way to solve your problem - see attached.

Attachments

• Production Scorecard.zip
    101.7 KB · Views: 95

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom