Multiple field lists? (1 Viewer)

vwsteve

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:13
I had previously created a form using one table. I now want to add some more fields to my existing form from another table or query? I can't seem to pick a different source other than the original table that I built the form from. How do I add new sources to my form...?...thanx in advance...Steve.

jimbrooking

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:13
Steve,

You could make up a query if the tables have something in common like an employee number, order number, etc.

Then base the form on the new query.

There are constraints on when queries are updatable and when not. (If not updatable your form will not be able to change values.) See Access online Help for details.

vwsteve

Registered User.
Local time
The tables do have an ID number in common and I did previously establish that relationship. When you say to base the form on the new query...how do you go about doing that?....I have tried a few different ways and come up with no success...I did create a query based on the new table...

[This message has been edited by vwsteve (edited 06-20-2001).]

kgcrowther

Registered User.
Local time
The easiest way to create a query is to used the query wizard. You can quickly choose the two tables and all the fields in those tables in the wizard.

After you've created the query open the form in design view and double-click on the little box in the upper left corner. This should make your properties appear. Here you can change the record source for the form. It can only be one record source at a time. Since all the fields in both your tables are on the query you created you can choose this query as your record source and view all the field in your form.

I hope this might help.

vwsteve

Registered User.
Local time
Thank You all for the help...Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom