Must use File Open Command in Access to Achieve record locking (1 Viewer)

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:17
It just read in Access Help that if you have open db using record locking checked that you must open the database using the File=> Open command from the MenuBar. Does anyone know anything about this or can anyone comfirm this a s true?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 17:17
Where in help? I use Record Locking on all of my db's.

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
I copied the below out of Access 2003 help.

PHP:
To make record-level locking the new default setting for the current Microsoft Access database, select the Open databases using record-level locking check box.

To make page-level locking the new default setting for the current Access database, clear the Open databases using record-level locking check box.

This setting takes effect the next time you open the Access database, but you must use the Open command on the File menu rather than the list of most recently used files at the end of the File menu.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi Keith,
I only have acXP and it seems to be a system setting rather than tied to each db. Are they referring to the Default record locking setting on the Advanced tab of the Options dialog?

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Yep! Do you know for sure that your db's are using record locking?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
I haven't actually tested for a colision if that is what you are asking. Did you get my PM's?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:17
I read that as only a default setting.

You still should be able to go to a particular form and select the desired lock style. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if my interpretation is incorrect in this case because if I'm wrong, there is no point in even giving you the option to choose your preferred locking style at the individual form level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom