My Database needs help - is anyone up for a challange! (1 Viewer)

Dnallov

Local time
Today, 09:43
Hi - My small company has had a Microsoft access Database for some time now, but never really been changed. So recently we upgraded to Microsoft Access 2007 and started giving the database a face lift.
I've done quite a fair bit, and i am very capable of finishing of (although all this access stuff does give me a headache).
Any how I found this website when I started giving the database a face lift, and its been very helpful and I thought "I bet the people on here would be able to do me database pipsquick!"

So if anyone is kind enough, please let me know and I'll upload it here.

I haven't uploaded it yet cus i'm in a hurry, and I thought I'll see if anyone is interested first - and once I upload it I tell you what is needed

Thanks You in advance

:D

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Most people here will be happy to advise/help you but I suspect they won't want to do your job for you without payment.

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Most people here will be happy to advise/help you but I suspect they won't want to do your job for you without payment.

Couldn't agree more to be honest ^^

DarkAngel

Registered User.
Local time
It's funny really, if someone had a personal database they needed for something I'd be happy to do it for them if I had some free time, but for a small business thats making profit, why is it in anyone's interest to help someone else make money at own expense of time?

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
At time I believe that people think this is a free Application Development Site rather than a bunch of people giving their time free in order to help others who are trying to learn.

L

Dnallov

Local time
Alrightio - I see that no - one kind is gonna help me :( -
Oh well - I understand! - Everyone needs to make money :rolleyes:

Alright - I'll post some questions here later

Also Is it OK if I Upload me Database so people have a better idea when I ask the questions.

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Today, 01:43
Alrightio - I see that no - one kind is gonna help me -

Help is a little different then doing the complete over haul for you...

Yes you can upload your database, just make sure it meets the size requirment for an attachment (if you want it uploaded here, if you have your own location to upload so be it)

Good luck

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Alrightio - I see that no - one kind is gonna help me :( -
Oh well - I understand! - Everyone needs to make money :rolleyes:

Alright - I'll post some questions here later

Also Is it OK if I Upload me Database so people have a better idea when I ask the questions.
Not about money, really, it's about the nature of the forum. There's lot's of people that will help you with no question of a payment, but as rhett7660 said, doing a complete job on a database is a different matter.

If you want to pay someone to do the complete job, that's fine too, just be a bit more explicit in what you're asking for.

DarkAngel

Registered User.
Local time
I feel the best way to use this forum is ask for help when you need it (MAKE SURE you've searched for other people asking similar questions before you ask) and have a look at other peoples' problems, and if you can help, then it completes the cycle :)

Dnallov

Local time
I see what you saying - I didn't really want someone to make a complete Database - Its NEARLY finished, just a few problems

Dnallov

Local time
Im Sorry

My letter titled "I'm sorry"

I see that I have upset some people and I like just to say that I am really sorry.
I have come to terms my mistakes and hope to learn from them
I hope in time you will forgive me
I will from now on only ask questions about my database
I will blame the cat
and the dog
and maybe my wife
Its all their fault

Thank You

Bilbo_Baggins_Esq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:43
I guess, if I could expound a little bit.

It's one thing to have identified an error, or condition, or inability to perform a certain task, or to understand a certain result and ask for guidance.

It's an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THING to upload an entire database and ask us to "consult" with you on how it might/would/could be better.

And it's not a question of being "Kind" or "Not Kind".
Which is more kind, teaching a friend how to fish, or doing the fishing for him?

I have little doubt that the experts here are indeed "kind". Evidence of it is in every post here.

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 01:43

Well, I have to admit that's pretty funny :) I agree with all the other posters that your intial request was...shall we say... bold. But at least you appear to have a sense of humour about it.

I can't blame you for trying but don't blame us for laughing while we decline to complete your commercial project for free :) Now, if you can't figure out how to do a specific task by searching or using help, come back and ask. Worst case scenario is you'll get your money's worth. ;)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 03:43
Read this thread - http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...ad.php?t=85042 It may help you to understand the reaction you have had today. We will help with specific questions but are not keen on doing your job for you. Help yes - Your work No
I have read through that entire page, and I probably will never understand the frustration that IT people go through trying to make their points. But I do know, without being in the field, that it takes a heck of a lot of brain power and patience not to get upset with people who jump into the water and drown themselves without thinking first (specifically referring to technology and the use of computers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom