myFiles trash on samsung phone missing (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 07:22
i look here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-trash-in-quot-my-files-quot-app/td-p/1300469

but i do not have the trash on my phone. do not know why. does anyone else know? i upload a picture of what mine looks like. i believe i should see trash just like in that article. i do not know if my recycle bin is turned on. i just want to check if all my files are permanently deleted. thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-082306_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-082306_My Files.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 374

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is no Windows-style Trash Bin on an Android device. The recycle bin automatically does a "permanent" deletion when the deleted object becomes 30 days old. Therefore you have 30 days to change your mind on a deletion. Beyond 30 days? Gone.

conception_native_0123

Local time
If that is case doc man then why can I not see or find any of my files? I just delete one five days ago

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm still learning Android so I'm perhaps not the best authority here. Only got my first Android phone recently and still cursing it myself, though for different reasons than yours. You might have to hope that someone else comes along who is more familiar with it than I am.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:22
There is no Windows-style Trash Bin on an Android device. The recycle bin automatically does a "permanent" deletion when the deleted object becomes 30 days old. Therefore you have 30 days to change your mind on a deletion. Beyond 30 days? Gone.
I was surprised to find out that, on my daughter's and wife's most recent laptops (which I help them extensively to do basic set up etc..), it was a while before I noticed 2 disturbing things: 1) the recycle bin properties had defaulted to permanently deleting everything, 2) the recycle bin properties had defaulted to no confirmation dialogue box.

I would have thought those two properties would always default to the safer thing on a new PC! But I VERY rarely buy computers-esp new-and didn't know. I quickly changed them to avoid heartache!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom