Navigation Forms ( subforms ), and referencing controls/properties ? (1 Viewer)

liamfitz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:56
This is the closest I've come, to being able to check whether a particular 'Tab' ( or Navigation Button ) is selected on these types of Form - ( I say this because, it doesn't cause an error, but it also doesn't work ! )
Code:
If Forms!frmNavigationLeft!NavigationSubform.Form!NavigationSubform.navbtnClosures.Selected = True Then

If someone knows the generic syntax, ( I'm assuming I can't be far off, judging by other similar referencing that does work ... ), I'd be very grateful. Thanks.:confused:

liamfitz

Registered User.
Local time
That's most kind of you sir. Thank you.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 08:56
( I say this because, it doesn't cause an error, but it also doesn't work ! )

I'm surprised you don't get an error on that. In addition to your syntax being off, I don't see a Selected property for navigation buttons. Actually, I don't see any property that would seem to be of use in determining if the button itself was selected. One option might be to use the Click event of each button to store the button's name, or perhaps some value that has been placed in the Tag property of each button, in a variable. You could then check this variable to determine which button was most recently selected.

liamfitz

Registered User.
Local time
I see your logic Beetle - good thinking. I'm looking into the 'best' solution now. Many thanks for your helpful suggestion.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom