Need a good video converter (1 Viewer)

Slayer25

Local time
Today, 11:30
Hello,

I need a good software product that can convert video, between the most popular formats. I searched on Google and found an overwelming offer, some free and some paid; but I am interested in your personal suggestions, something that you use and are satisfied with! :)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:30
From the free software thread :p :

eRightSoft SUPER - clicky (good video and audio convertor - packaged with Adobe Premier Pro!)

Avi2Dvd - clicky (converts avi files to DVD compatable formats)

And my personal favorite:

AutoGK - clicky Yep another video conversion tool but this one is particularly good one. The reason I'll recommend this is because it can convert many file formats even direct from ifo or vob files to avi's (using either DivX or Xvid codecs) and you can define the output size to fit on a particular medium but most importantly the quality of the conversion if fantastic (though it does take quite a long time).

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Agreed VLC is a great player (and streaming client) but I didn't think it does actual file conversion, it plays almost anything you throw at it. I assumed this was what Slayer25 was after. :p

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 20:30
Agreed VLC is a great player (and streaming client) but I didn't think it does actual file conversion ....

I used VLC to convert many files from various formats to mpeg's or avi's.
If you open the program, go to File>wizard>Transcode/Save to file and continue with next buttons. This will allow you to convert a file to loads of formats like MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, DIVX etc.
I guess that might help Slayer with his conversions. ;)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
If you open the program, go to File>wizard>Transcode/Save to file and continue with next buttons. This will allow you to convert a file to loads of formats like MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, DIVX etc.
I guess that might help Slayer with his conversions. ;)

Ah :cool: - good to know - tbh never played around too much with VLC (only use it as a player) I might try it tonight see what the results are like (I've found the best to be AutoGK as it does the conversion frame by frame and does a full decode/ recode so the results are superb (if a little time consuming))- thanks for confirm this Rak.

Slayer25

Local time
Today, 11:30
Thank you for your suggestions! VLC sounds like an excelent product, and I also found Amic Video Converter http://www.amicutilities.com/video-converter/ which has excelent compression and a very easy to use interface. I will still check a few other before I decide which one I will use on the long term!

Grindstone

Local time
Today, 21:30
I often use Video to Flash Encoder PRO. I like this program because it easy and simple to use. But not long time ago I have found elso one converter Visifly which convert files step by step. As there was it program more easier for use than my basic program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom