Need help creating a complicated DB (1 Viewer)

lacey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:59
I am entering the new names/classes in frmClass and frmStudent. I can enter them there just fine, but when I go to frm.RegistrationAlternate to register the student in the class, it gives me the error.

How would I go about removing them?

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:59
Have you added the new classes to a class offering? If you have no class offerings, you can't add any registrations.

I can't see your class and student forms so I have no idea if they are working correctly. Sounds like they may not be.

lacey

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I did add them to class offering.

Here is my db. A note: I went ahead and removed the frm.Registration as I wanted to use frm.RegistrationAlternate instead. I renamed the latter to frm.Registration.

View attachment 39999

Last edited:

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
You renamed the form, that's why it isn't working. The queries in the combo boxes have to refer to the fields on the form - and right now it's still looking for frmRegistrationAlternate, which is no longer there. You either have to rename the form or edit the queries to reference the new form name.

lacey

Registered User.
Local time
Can you tell me how to do that? I thought I knew how but I must be doing it wrong because I still get the error.

odin1701

Registered User.
Local time
Look at the RowSource property for each combo box. You can type queries in by hand or use the query builder.

There is also VBA running on that form and without that it won't work either. As I said, that method is more advanced and requires some basic programming. If you want to build this DB you should try to figure that all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom