Need Help In Design; Database For Msds (1 Viewer)

Steepleboy04

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
I am trying to create a database that generates a msds document for our products.

I have three tables so far:

TBL_MSDS
ID (PK)
ProductCode
ComanyName

TBL_ProductCode_Ingredient
ProductCode
IngredientID

TBL_Ingredient
IngredientID
CAS#

I've created a form that has default values for company information and other first aid procedures(I did not list these fields to save space).
I want to be able to enter the product code on one tab, then on the next tab I would like to select from a list of Ingredients that the product may contain. I should be able to select as many ingredients as I like---and when I select an ingredient, its CAS# is automatically entered as well.

Then I would like to print a report based on this form.

I am not familiar with VBA. Also, I am not sure how to link more than one table to form, and how to select certain records based on user entry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:33
Don't use the # character. Access doesn't like anything other than letters, numbers and the underscore (if you must).

Your structure looks OK, though I would have expected a Company Name table as well.

Your best bet is to use cascading combo boxes for your selection. Try this sample attached.

To report on more than one table at a time, you need a query to gather the fields together and base the report on the query.

Attachments

• db6.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 150

Steepleboy04

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:33
msds db

I have attached my db.

The main form is the MSDS form. I modeled this table after our current msds document---each tab will capture the data for a section on the actual msds document.

I will need to either create a new product code, or update a record, from this page.

On the second tab I want the product code to be displayed. I guess I can use a combo box to display the ingredients. How do I select more than one ingredient? I will also need to enter a percentage for this ingredient.

thanks.

Attachments

• MSDS GENERATOR.zip
    71 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom