Need to show/hide unbound text on a tabbed subform (1 Viewer)

RGinNC

Local time
Today, 05:50
Newbie to access. I have a data entry form with a tabbed subform to collect data on different subjects. There is some background information that would be useful to the user completing this form. I want to show/hide this memo field (long text) based on a checkbox or similar unbound control. I do not need the memo field or the unbound control form to be stored in the underlying table. i have searched and tried several options but none seem to work. This seems like a simple takes to this newbie but i cannot make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:50
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

You could try adding a subform to display the memo or maybe use DLookup().

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I do not need the memo field or the unbound control form to be stored in the underlying table
If a control is not bound, the data doesn't persist. Why would you want a memo field that people are obviously going to type into that doesn't get saved?
If you want something to be visible but unobtrusive, put it on a different tab.

RGinNC

Local time
More elaboration may be helpful.

The unbound memo field contains text that the end user may need to refer to in responding to other other elements of the form (its a legal citation) that does not need to be captured in the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom