Network Form Error (t) (1 Viewer)

tjewers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:35
Hi,

I have a database which is used by about 6 people on a network. Lately we have been getting the following error:

"*Form_Name* has been changed since the last time you opened it, either by another user or because of another instance of it was open on your own machine. Do you want to sace the changes that you or another user made? Yes. No."

When the user gets this error message they are the only ones in the database.

There is a front end database for the queries and forms and a back end database for the data.

Any ideas?

Tracy

gino

Registered User.
Local time
yes, that error sucks. sorry for my language. i came across this many times. it happens sometimes when you change the form and do not click on save. usually access prompts you to save if you forget to save changes, but when access doesn't prompt you get this error message.

i am guessing this is a access bug not sure but what i have done is either did the form over by re modifying the codes or copy this form from a backup. i know there must be many ways to fix this....

hope one of my method works. if not visit http://www.mvps.org/access/. they have tons of reported bugs there.

good luck...

[This message has been edited by gino (edited 10-30-2000).]

gino

Registered User.
Local time
i forgot to mention. does this database have a front and backend? also, how is the security set?

i ask these questions because if there is no restriction on users modifying forms then this will be a common problem. also, if you don't have a frontend then all users will share one corrupted db.

its something to think about.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom