New record line missing (1 Viewer)

Alan Harrison

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:20
Well I thought this would be easy to fix!! On one of my subforms the New entry line has disappeared so I can't add records. At first I thought it had somehow slipped into data entry mode, but no!

I've run out of ideas where to look.

I can still see the records I entered before the problem occurred. The record set type is set to Dynaset and the New record button of the record selector is greyed out.

An ideas anyone.

Thanks in advance
Al

MStCyr

Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
what is the recordset for the subform?..what are the relationships?

Alan Harrison

Registered User.
Local time
Wow! that's fast MStCyr

Thank's for trying to help.

The subform properties are showing the RecordSet as Dynaset. The Child/Master links are correct. The subreport is enabled and not locked. The relationship to the main form is a simple one to many.

This form has functioned fine for years. I'm baffled how this problem could have showed up

Fear Naught

Kevin
Local time
This certainly sounds as if the recordset behind the sub form is not updateable. Have you tried running the query behind the form to see if that is updateable?

I had something similar recently and discovered some rogue records becasue my relationships were not setup correctly allowing users to create records with no corresponding record in related tables.

Alan Harrison

Registered User.
Local time
Ha Kev You beat me to it. I just duplicated the query and found that the problem was also duplicated. I went into the back end database and discovered a little table called MSysCompactError. Looks like a couple of records are corrupt. I think if I can track them down I can nail this.

Thanks again guys. When you respond so quick I find it kicks my brain into gear. I'm just panicking in case I've made a fool of my self (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom