Solved New thoughts on my vinyl record collection database (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 00:15
Inbetween tbl_Artist and tbl_record you need another table which is a many to many table I would as a basic structure create the following fields

Table Name: tbl_ArtistsAndRecords
ArtistRecordID Auto Number (This can make removing a link simpler but Is a holdover from a previous version)
ArtistID PK
RecordID pk

The result (This screen has been updated but the basic idear is retained)

lodmark

Local time
Today, 01:15
Inbetween tbl_Artist and tbl_record you need another table which is a many to many table I would as a basic structure create the following fields

Table Name: tbl_ArtistsAndRecords
ArtistRecordID Auto Number (This can make removing a link simpler but Is a holdover from a previous version)
ArtistID PK
RecordID pk

The result (This screen has been updated but the basic idear is retained)

Thank you @MickJav
I realized that I need to create this middle table.
What I do not understand is how I can get the artists on the same line in my forms.
I also do not see this in the picture you posted. There are no duets or other songs that have more artists than Toyah.
Can you show me how you solved the code behind the form or otherwise show me how to make multiple artists appear on the same song in one form. Maybe I should ask for an account on your site?
I see that you have a button to add an artist and that there are several lines in the form for artists.
But what does the code look like to add more artists?
I enclose my database if you want to look at it.

Leif

Attachments

• Skivsamlingen.zip
    627.3 KB · Views: 171

Dreamweaver

Local time
This is a various Artist Album hopefully your'll see how it works
I'm unable to do more at the moment look at the Record Artist(s) Plus I have a lot of example on my site and a number use a many to many relationship I'll see If I can find one mick

2020-11-15 (2).png

Dreamweaver

Local time
This is a old version of the many to many entry/edit system you should note i no longer use this type of entry for larger datasets but for what you are doing I think combo boxes will work
2020-11-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom