New to Access trying to create a search results form (1 Viewer)

mlquery

Local time
Today, 13:08
Hi all,

I am in the process of trying to create a front end for a MS SQL database, I tried doing something web based on the intranet, and then Power Apps (which did work, but there will be a cost attached to it and I don't need it internet accessible) and then a friend said about doing it in Access, which makes sense for what I need and how it will be used.

So far I have the SQL data connected and it reads it fine, I have a simple form that has a working search box that pulls through the data I need it to into a list box, but what I need is for an On Click event to then display the fields from that selected record. I have tried to use another list box but I am not sure if I am doing it correctly. Also I am not sure if I need to use a separate query to pull through a lot more fields that are in the search query.

I'm sure its something simple that I am missing.

Cheers...

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Normally the list box would have a key field (probably hidden) that uniquely identifies the data you need.

You could bind the form to display only the data from that ID field by using the list box as criteria in the underlying form's query.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
See if this helps.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:08
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

One quick way to create search capability is to create a form based on the linked table and then add an unbound combobox using the Wizard and selecting the third option. You can then modify the code created by the Wizard to expand the search function.

mlquery

Local time
I manged to get it to do what I was wanting it to do, I just need to setup a second query with the correct statement.

Is there anyway to change the layout of the list? especially if I need more fields? or does it autowrap? I have seen some code about making columns autofit, but I have no idea how I am supposed to apply that to me list. I have no clue about VB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom