Next 7 days from calculated date value (1 Viewer)

DenisCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:26
Hi,

in a query i have setup, i work out when a tenant is next due to pay their rent.

Looks like this

Tenant Last Payment Date Payment Terms Next Payment Date
User1 01/07/13 Monthly 01/08/13
User2 01/07/13 Weekly 07/07/13

The next payment date is calculated using an IF statement and DateAdd in the query, so if it is weekly it adds 7 days, if it is monthly it adds 1 month.

What i am trying to do is write sub query of this one which shows which tenants are due to pay within the next 7 days.

But the access query seems to ignore the criteria I'm putting in....in the next payment date criteria i have tried specifying >Now() + 7 or >Date() +7 but neither seem to work, it just shows up every record...

any ideas?

ypma

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
Try <Date()-"7" this would only show records that are over due by 7 days

Hope it works

StarGrabber

Junior App. Developer
Local time
Today, 11:26
Hi Denis,

if you want the tenants which are due within the next 7 days, you should put it this way:

<Now()+7 or <Date()+7

The way you put it, the query shows you those which are due the week after next.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:26
in the interest of accuracy

a) you probably want date() rather than now()
b) you probably want +6 rather than +7

but neither of which should have a great problem as it stands.

i agree with stargrabber. you probably want <

ie the due date is less than a week after today. (ie it wil be due on oer before that date.)

DenisCooper

Registered User.
Local time
hi,

tried all variations and it just seems to ignore the criteria and show everything...SQL query is shown here

SELECT qryMaxPaymentDate.cboTenant, qryMaxPaymentDate.MaxOfDateDue, qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms, IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=2,DateAdd("ww",1,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=3,DateAdd("ww",2,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=4,DateAdd("ww",4,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=1,DateAdd("m",1,[MaxOfDateDue]),"n/a")))) AS calcNextPayDueDate, tblLease.PaymentAmount
FROM qryMaxPaymentDate INNER JOIN tblLease ON qryMaxPaymentDate.cboTenant = tblLease.cboTenant
WHERE (((IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=2,DateAdd("ww",1,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=3,DateAdd("ww",2,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=4,DateAdd("ww",4,[MaxOfDateDue]),IIf([qryMaxPaymentDate.cboPaymentTerms]=1,DateAdd("m",1,[MaxOfDateDue]),"n/a")))))<Date()+6));

i've tried doing a subquery of this query and it still ignores the criteria...any help appreciated.

DenisCooper

Registered User.
Local time
intrestingly though, if i just put date() then it works ok

DenisCooper

Registered User.
Local time
i think i've got it working by using this as the filter

<Date()+6 AND >Date()

thanks for help