No scrollbar on subforms (1 Viewer)

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:55
I'm using access 2007 and I have a form with six subforms on it. When the form is completely load the subforms DO NOT have scrolls bars (for up and down) on the right side even though the data (rows) far exeeds the number of rows displayed. I have checked all the properties and all appear to be set up correctly. If I refresh a subform with VB on load of the main form the subforms scroll bar will show. The problem with doing this for all six subforms is the amount of time it is taking. Is there something I might have overlooked, is this a bug with Access? If anyone has a fix I would be in your debt if you would share.

thanks,
Robert

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 11:55
I have two monster complicated Forms in my application, each with multiple subform controls on them.

Overall, those forms have two sets of vertical scroll bars on them...

1) For the overall main form
2) Each subform has its own scroll bar as the subforms are themselves Multiple-Items forms.

I vaguely recall having to do something with the width of the main form \ subform controls on it \ width of the forms I intend to place into the subform controls. I suggest you start there - checking all of the widths - to see if you can find an error.

I am just rechecking...

The form that I intend to use as a subform, that has "Format \ Scroll Bars = Both" set. See if you have it set that way on your forms which are used as subforms.

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
I have two monster complicated Forms in my application, each with multiple subform controls on them.

Overall, those forms have two sets of vertical scroll bars on them...

1) For the overall main form
2) Each subform has its own scroll bar as the subforms are themselves Multiple-Items forms.

I vaguely recall having to do something with the width of the main form \ subform controls on it \ width of the forms I intend to place into the subform controls. I suggest you start there - checking all of the widths - to see if you can find an error.

I am just rechecking...

The form that I intend to use as a subform, that has "Format \ Scroll Bars = Both" set. See if you have it set that way on your forms which are used as subforms.

Yes I did check to see if the scroll bars are checked (and just rechecked again just to make double sure). Do you recall what you were checking for in regards to width? You said in the MAIN form was the issue?

Thanks for your help

mdlueck

Sr. Application Developer
Local time
Today, 11:55
Do you recall what you were checking for in regards to width? You said in the MAIN form was the issue?

Not just the MAIN form...

There are THREE different widths at play when you consider the subform.
1) Main form width
2) Subform control on said main form
3) Form which is being exposed in the Subform control

Width samples of each from one example form in my application:

1) Main form width - 14"
2) Subform control on said main form - 14"
3) Form which is being exposed in the Subform control - 13.5528"

And like I said, in my application I get double sets of scroll bars as the reason I am using subform controls is to be able to on one main form display several multiple items forms.

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Width samples of each from one example form in my application:

1) Main form width - 14"
2) Subform control on said main form - 14"
3) Form which is being exposed in the Subform control - 13.5528"

And like I said, in my application I get double sets of scroll bars as the reason I am using subform controls is to be able to on one main form display several multiple items forms.

Thanks for your time mdlueck.

Are you saying this is the solution or the problem? Also, I am a bit confused in your terminology of "Main Form". Do you mean the form countaining the subforms? I'm not quite understanding what I should be doing or checking for (sorry for being so dense).

thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom