Notes 6 - Check for email (1 Viewer)

adaytay

Not your typical IT Geek!
Local time
Today, 21:18
Hi folks,

We use Notes as our intranet here, and I really wish we used Outlook. Why?

I need to be able to determine if an email has been received with a specific header. Via Access.

We have a db at one of our remote sites that the users there log daily delivery shortages onto. At the end of each day, this information is then emailed to us (via Notes), when the user clicks on an option on their menu.

What I would like to happen is for this data, once received in a mailbox with a specific subject line, to be automatically detected and the information contained therein imported into one of our other dbs. This would ideally be triggered automatically, however I am not averse to manually initiating the procedure via an option on the menu.

The ideal solution of course would be to use a SQL server or something to have a true multi-site DB, as I believe this would eliminate the need to send any data! Unfortunately the makeup of our network prevents from having this - the different sites on the WAN cannot see each other!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can kind of visualise how I want to have this set up, but am clueless on how I would go about checking the contents of a mailbox.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Ad

Last edited:

adaytay

Not your typical IT Geek!
Local time
Today, 21:18
Any takers? I really need help with this...

Ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom