Null checkboxes are grey (1 Viewer)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:46
Has anyone else run into this?
If you have a group of checkboxes, and one of them is selected, then the unselected ones are white. But if none of them are selected, i.e., null value for the field, all of them are grey. I need all of the unselected ones to be white. I think the way to solve this is to have a non-null dummy value without a checkbox so it doesn't show up on the report. But I was wondering if anyone had come accross any other clever or simple solutions for this problem.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:46
You should be able to use the NZ function to make nulls zeroes.

giovaanni

Registered User.
Local time
Or set the default value of the field in the table to zero. This is the preferred method.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Or set the default value of the field in the table to zero. This is the preferred method.
For bound controls yes. For unbound, defaults don't work. So, if they are bound fields then yes the default should be set to 0 for the table. If not bound then you would need to set them in the open event of the form/report and then let the data show in the load event. Since this is for a report, I will assume that giovaanni stated the most optimum solution.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:46
Thanks guys, I actually can't change the table design at this point (too late!), so I just used your first solution. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom