Off Topic (5 Viewers)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:16
I've always thought that Kate was a true lady, not in the "royal" sense of Lady (with a capital "L"), but in the sense of a polite, well-behaved, socially conscious woman who sets good behavioral examples. That might have come out a bit clunky on my part, but I hold her in high esteem and my comments were intended that way.
I agree with that 100%. I think that the enormous contrast between her and Megan, and the fact that Megan knows that everyone else knows that, is probably what gave rise to the jealousy and bitterness and ultimate retaliation..

Kate also happens to be beautiful, and not in the raunchy 'let's see how much I can show' type of way that so many today seem to think is required of them to score any points in whatever type of fantasy game they are playing. I appreciate that.. in a profound, symbolic kind of way.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
1641875916922.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:16
I was pleasantly impressed with the Bengals result. Joe Burrow was a great quarterback for LSU, leading them to a national title. His rookie year was marred by injury, but this year his team is going to the Super Bowl. Win or lose, he will be a fan favorite in Cincinnati for a while. We Saints fans know what it was like to have a long drought before finally going to the big game. I have a marginal favorite in the Bengals but to be honest, since the Saints didn't quite make it this year, I really don't care that much.

On the other hand, I will say this: This is the first year that the Super Bowl will be played in a stadium that is "home" to one of the participants. To say that the Los Angeles fans will be buying up tickets like crazy just doesn't seem to cover it. I just hope that whatever team wins, their fans take the example set by the Saints fans during our Super Bowl win. No riots, no huge fights, no excessively rowdy behavior. The bars and clubs in the city just played a lot of music and sold a lot of beer. Then everyone went home (assuming they could find it...) and showed up at work the next day with a huge hangover. Which, considering the way we treat most holidays, was actually par for the course.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
On the other hand, I will say this: This is the first year that the Super Bowl will be played in a stadium that is "home" to one of the participants.

"They will play at SoFi Stadium, the home stadium for their opponent, the Los Angeles Rams. That makes the Rams the road team in their own stadium! ... The home team is determined by the simplest of ways, they alternate each year. Last season the NFC team was the home team and this year it is the AFC."

GO RAMS!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:16
"They will play at SoFi Stadium, the home stadium for their opponent, the Los Angeles Rams. That makes the Rams the road team in their own stadium! ... The home team is determined by the simplest of ways, they alternate each year. Last season the NFC team was the home team and this year it is the AFC."

GO RAMS!

It may be by rule that the Rams count as the visitors, but odds greatly favor that there will be more Rams fans than Bengal fans in the seats. If THIS game ain't sold out, no other game ever should be. The Bengals will be greeted by a lot of blue and gold shirts or jackets.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 12:16
I'm noticing a lot of gas pumps dawning the following coded message.

FJB!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 12:16

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom