Local time
Today, 01:17
1628957606392.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 04:17
Big score today!!!
After nearly a year (????) my wife finally found these essential kitchen scrubbies. :giggle: :giggle:
Now I know how ecstatic those in the old USSR felt when they finally found something at the store that they needed.

Amazing that the Chinese outlet center commonly known as Walmart has not had these scrubbies available. (At least where we live.) My wife bought these at another store.

Supply chain disruptions caused by Biden's economic policies are still prevalent. We have successfully lived without the scrubbies for approximately one year now, but they are a small symbol of what is wrong with our economy even if it is only something minor.

20210814_135509.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:17
Big score today!!!
After nearly a year (????) my wife finally found these essential kitchen scrubbies. :giggle: :giggle:
Now I know how ecstatic those in the old USSR felt when they finally found something at the store that they needed.

Amazing that the Chinese outlet center commonly known as Walmart has not had these scrubbies available. (At least where we live.) My wife bought these at another store.

Supply chain disruptions caused by Biden's economic policies are still prevalent. We have successfully lived without the scrubbies for approximately one year now, but they are a small symbol of what is wrong with our economy even if it is only something minor.

View attachment 93589

Think it was hard to get that? Just wait until the Chinese monopoly on rare earth elements makes it impossible to find computer chips for new cars. Think of all the fun it will be to be forced to keep your old clunker for another couple of years.

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 16:17
Does it have something to do about China shutting its bitcoin operations? They believed it disrupted the normal order of the economy.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Think it was hard to get that? Just wait until the Chinese monopoly on rare earth elements makes it impossible to find computer chips for new cars. Think of all the fun it will be to be forced to keep your old clunker for another couple of years.
Personally, I'd be looking forward to having a car I could actually fix myself.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
It's all about the spin. Pick your poison because the all do it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'll have to take your word for it, AB - I was never a fan of any beer I ever tried but based on the smell, you might be right.

Explanation: When I was working my way through college as a musician, I played some really OLD bars on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. EVERY bar that wasn't brand new or recently gutted and renovated smelled like piss. Even though I don't smoke, I was glad that the front area smelled like smoke because it masked the odor of stale piss where someone was too drunk to aim correctly for the porcelain facility. So I never really was much of a beer man.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:17
I'll have to take your word for it, AB - I was never a fan of any beer I ever tried but based on the smell, you might be right.

Explanation: When I was working my way through college as a musician, I played some really OLD bars on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. EVERY bar that wasn't brand new or recently gutted and renovated smelled like piss. Even though I don't smoke, I was glad that the front area smelled like smoke because it masked the odor of stale piss where someone was too drunk to aim correctly for the porcelain facility. So I never really was much of a beer man.
In the 70's I was traveling with my brother in law and we made a stop on bourbon street. I poked my head in a door with some really awesome music and got an instant education regarding male burlesque. I was 16.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the 70's, Bourbon Street included Club My-O-My, with some professional female impersonators, some of whom were very deft at applying makeup and otherwise "putting on the illusion." You might have seen that because things were still pretty much wide open most of the time. The prudes and the folks trying to make it "family friendly" didn't get REALLY active until the 1990s. The club where I worked at that time had female dancers who were definitely not non-binary. (I talked to them often and one of them married our lead guitarist.)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Bush is to blame for getting us deeper into the Middle East quicksand. However, I would go a step further back, Clinton started using the US military to support Islamist's in 1995 with the intervention in Bosnia (obviously not in the Middle East), as one example for using the US military worldwide to practice interventionist policies. The US military has been used in the Middle East as "mercenaries" to prop-up Islamic theocracies that persecute Christians. Furthermore, all those sanctimoniously loudly proclaiming women's rights and diversity in the US, seem to be silent on those issues when they should be condemning Islamic theocracies. How much foreign aide did Bill Clinton, Hillary, Obama, and now Biden withhold to to demand that Islamic theocracies reform?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom