Office 2010 SP1 (1 Viewer)

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:56
Be careful, I installed this on my local machine to test and am getting some VBA errors immediately. I hope the uninstall works well.

Not sure what has changed for us but time will tell.

edit: Uninstall still gave me the VBA error but doing a System Restore seems to have got me functioning again.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 00:56
What was the text of the errors, if you can remember?

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read.

Theres more but it wants to delete all code. It may be because I am loading an older VBA library (my databases started life long ago as Access 2000 so some old stuff is in them) and the update did not reload it or perhaps it removes it. I will investigate after I make sure the update is hidden for everyone. I don't want any accidents to happen.

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
That is exactly the message.

The databases do reside on a 64 bit machine but all users are on a 32 bit.

During my Office upgrade to 2010 I probably did the Access conversion on the 64 bit machine since we were in transition from XP to Win 7 plus the Office 2010 upgrade at the same time.

I do all development on my computer (32 bit) then move the changes over to the server (64 bit).

Instead of testing again on my computer, I have a spare computer here that I'll test this out with. It will probably be tomorrow but I'll update the results here.

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
I'm confused.

Does this mean that I will not be able to have both 32 bit and 64 bit users use the same database in 2010 SP1?

I currently have the databases reside in a 64 bit server, should I move them to a 32 bit computer?

The KB Article said to simply recompile the database but on my test computer (32 bit with SP1 and local copies of the databases) I couldn't even get to where I could compile.

I am probably missing something and its still very early since the SP came out so I'm sure more info will come out in time for confused people like me. I'm not even sure what questions to ask at the moment. Luckily theres no urgency but still ...

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 00:56
You can use the same database, and it really isn't a 32 bit / 64 bit problem. It is an ADO problem with Windows 7 SP1/Office 2010 SP1. If the users aren't using those, then you will need to compile a copy on a machine that hasn't gotten SP1 for both of those or is on a different platform (Windows XP, Windows Vista) for use on those machines.

Toff

Registered User.
Local time
Ahhhhh, an ADO issue. These are originally old Access 2000 databases with some ADO sprinkled in them.

Now I have a direction to research at least.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom