Office 365 Recent Items (1 Viewer)

Oreynolds

Local time
Today, 08:01
Hi, In our DB a lot of our reports are PDF'd out of Access for which we use VBA functions to achieve. In some cases these PDF's are saved to a local directory for use/distribution by the user.

In all the office apps if you create a document or PDF something it automatically appears in the 'Recent Items' tab, specifically on Outlook as per screenshot below. Is there a way of making anything PDF'd within Access to also appear in this list?

1681919654314.png

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
I see the same behaviour with Excel spreadsheets created from Access, they mostly don't appear.

With an Excel file, (I think) I can save it as something specific using automation and it will appear in the recent list, I think it's decided by how it was saved.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:01
Don't ya' hate this type of inconsistency? It's like one of the programmers didn't get the complete spec and the testers didn't catch it.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Is there a way of making anything PDF'd within Access to also appear in this list?
PDFs created in Access do appear in the list for me
1681932488867.png

Oreynolds

Local time
PDFs created in Access do appear in the list for me
View attachment 107551
That’s interesting. Are you manually printing to PDF from a report print preview because mine appears in list when PDF’d in that way too. It’s when I PDF it using a VBA procedure that is doesn’t work.

If you are using VBA to do it would you mind posting your code on here?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I was doing it from the ribbon.
However, using code, it doesn't appear in the recent items list until it is opened.
Using the Autostart = True option doesn't help in this respect. It has to be opened from File Explorer

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Its a bit of a kludge but this works:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "ReportName", acFormatPDF, "OutputFileName", True

The True auto starts the output file. Save it. The file then appears in the recent items list
However, as already stated it just works if created from the Print Preview ribbon or if objects are created from the External Items...Export...PDF menu approach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom