Office 95 (7.0) on VM Windows 95 - error in post. (1 Viewer)

PRLJacek

Local time
Today, 11:11
Hello.

When starting MS Access I have such error:

'Microsoft Access can't be started as there is no licence for it on this machine'.

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

During installation this error appears but this file exists in C:\Windows\System and in C:\MSOffice. What should I do with it?

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-11 060913.png

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:11
I would first talk to whoever sold you the kit for Access 95. It is acting like it thinks you have a pirated copy. The kit (if I recall correctly) should ask you for a license key. Did it? And did you have one to enter? If the vendor didn't have a valid key, you might get this error.

I have to admit, it has been 28 years since I looked at Ac95, so I'm MAYBE a little hazy on it.

PRLJacek

Local time
@The_Doc_Man Thank you for reply.

Windows 95 and Access 95 are installed on a virtual machine and are used for testing purposes only. I bought Windows 95, and unfortunately I don't have a key for Access 7.0 and of course I can't buy it anywhere at the moment. I only install it out of sentimentality. :)

@Gassman
"Normally when you install pay for once Office you are required to put in a registration/licence key"
Yes, I entered it during installation.
About error 31, Google provides solutions for hardware drivers and basically only for Windows 7 and newer. Of course, I was looking for a solution earlier, but there was no information about Windows 95.
As for the MSXB3032.DLL file itself, as I wrote, it is in the system.

Regards.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:11
See if this helps at all?

PRLJacek

Local time
Thank you guys.
I found a solution. Well, each time during installation, I chose 'install everything'. This time I used the typical installation and everything works. Thank you and best regards. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom