One form to 2 tables with same information (1 Viewer)

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:21
Hi,

I have two tables , and I want to put the information from single form to two tables.

Just wanted the text boxes data to two different form, this I want to save the time to enter into two different tables .

For example

Date , Name , Productname.

This I want to put into two tables 1) Delivery 2)Gatepass,

as these two tables have same information with same number of fields.

Thanks.

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
one update, if I have same information, if I have same information why I created two forms. it is because sometimes I only want to add entry in single table for which I can use another form.

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
Anybody suggest me how I should do

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:21
This I want to put into two tables 1) Delivery 2)Gatepass, as these two tables have same information with same number of fields.

Generally this means they should be one table with another field to indicate Delivery or Gatepass.

Moreover since you are saving the same information twice it is more likely that you should be storing it once, for example as Delivery, and then having another Boolean field to indicate if the record also has a Gatepass.

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
@Galaxiom Thanks for helping.

The purpose of two tables is due to some times on table is to be updated separately. That's why cant make single table with some fields in common . So do you think if two tables to be updated what should be done. Thanks

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Today, 05:21
Despite the arguments about methods of data storage, if you want to do this simply you can create an append query which appends records to the secondary table.

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
Actually both forms has two parts. Master and child form both linked. And I want to make a third form which then transfer the data to both of these forms. But still no good idea coming to my mind.
P.s I am not expert in Ms access

haroon.mansha

Registered User.
Local time
I am attaching my database. I will like to tell why I want one form to record two tables

I have make this database to record the pending delivery stock of customers .

So we make input to show inputs of stock in warehouse
and then make bills for customers with quantity.
and make delivery of the goods when they take the goods , and make query to know how much they have pending deliverable goods.

sometimes some customer buys and take prompt delivery of full order, and for this to save time I want to make a form which can handle bill table and delivery table in one go.

So pls suggest me what I should do

Attachments

• Warehouse.accdb
    1.9 MB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom