One report with multiple record sources (tables)? (1 Viewer)

pokerace

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:31
I have a basic report listing names, which are pulled from one table named Client. I would like to add data to this report that includes data found in other tables. For example, a table named Demographics and a field named Gender. In Crystal Reports I can do this by linking the two tables together by their common Client_ID field, but I'm not sure how to do this in the Access report? Can I just add a second record source?

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 15:31
I have a basic report listing names, which are pulled from one table named Client. I would like to add data to this report that includes data found in other tables. For example, a table named Demographics and a field named Gender. In Crystal Reports I can do this by linking the two tables together by their common Client_ID field, but I'm not sure how to do this in the Access report? Can I just add a second record source?

In the report's query (record source) you would do basically the same thihing as in Crystal reports. Add the table, join then, add the desired fields to be displayed.

pokerace

Registered User.
Local time
Got it. Thanks.

sidharth

Registered User.
Local time
I think when you add your query in report then you should add all information query in your report's coding form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom