Open Code Templates/Examples (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 13:02
Next project will be the bug tracker Template

2020-03-15 (4).png

As I intend re-creating a number of the microsoft tremplates, I have noticed that a lot of them have a similar structure upto a point so I have decided to create a master template for all templates.

I have now completed this and am making it available so you can use it as a starter project should you wish It contains a number of tools

Plus it should work on both 32 and 64 bit system

Plus a few other bits

Download it here

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just been able to knick my Mrs laptop which has office 365 64 bit on and tested the master template which works a treat.

enjoy mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
I'm hoping to get the Task Management template finished tomorrow and have already decided on my new template Charitable Contributions
Don't forget ALL these templates are open code And have been designed so they can be updated very easily but at always if you get stuck your in the right place to get help, I'll always do my best but I struggle with that, I'm better at building examples and these templates.

stay safe mick

Dreamweaver

Local time
2020-03-24 (2).png

I have now completed works on the Task Management template.

enjoy Mick

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
Added The ERD let me know should you find an error.
Thanks mick

Charitable Contributions.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:02
I don't care for the templates either but what are you changing? Are you fixing their data models, are you changing the macros to code, are you completing the functionality are you changing them to use styles?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'd love to see Solutions brought back to life and converted to an .accdb. If you don't have a copy, I can post one. I remember the earliest version which I don't seem to have any more had great integrated help that walked you through all the examples. MS also had separate databases for forms and reports. I may also have those. I'll look for them and post them all because no one talks about them any more.

The ones labeled Copy.txt need to be renamed to an .exe extension. I couldn't upload them with the .exe extension so I renamed them. The files are large and even zipped they are too big. You might need this version of Northwind to provide data to the samples.

Attachments

• FrmSampl - Copy.txt
    856.2 KB · Views: 96
  • RptSampl - Copy.txt
    714.7 KB · Views: 89
  • QrySmp00.zip
    796.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Solutions9.zip
    787.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Northwind.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
I thought the Old ones were a lot better It would be nice, maybe I'll find my next project :)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's another version of Northwind. There are lots and the tables changed over time so some examples work with one version but not another.

Attachments

• Northwind20030312.zip
    405.8 KB · Views: 106

zeroaccess

Local time
Today, 08:02
Wow, Pat, that is ancient. I referenced the 2007 Northwind for much of my early learning.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thanks @Pat Hartman the northwind take me back I still use a form to this day even in my templates Etc, I.E. the detect Idle time hidden form It's still got the code from that version and still works after 20 years I leave it in placejust not enabled.

Wish I still had my disc for office 2000

Dreamweaver

Local time
I have today Updated 3 templates as below
Each has a link to the update info 2 have had a new version number

Should you find a error please let me know

thanks

keep safe mick

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom