open DB window (1 Viewer)

sambucaman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:45
Hi everyone.
I have a "admin" area in my access 2003 DB. On this form I have a button, with the following code...
Code:
DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, Me.Name
... which when clicked, opens the main DB window. The problem is, I cant edit - that is to say, I cant right click on any items. If I fully open the DB I can, but that kind of defeats the object of me having a short-cut button to it.

Any way to make the DB window open in "editable!" mode??

FYI, in TOOLS/STARTUP i have all of the options unticked so users cant fiddle with menus and stuff.

Thanks,

ps - also, is there any way to get the DB window to open on FORMS by default, rather than tables??

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:45
Why not use an AUTOEXEC MACRO to open a startup form?

All you need to do is create a MACRO in the actions select OpenForms and then in the arguments below select a startup form with your controls on. Then save it as AUTOEXEC.

sambucaman

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Trevor. I dont think I've explained myself very well!:confused:

The Database Window that I need to unhide is the one that is on the left of access 2003; it contains all the objects, tables, forms, queries, modules and macros etc. By default its visible and shows all the tables & forms etc.

I hide this "control panel" from all users, and when I need it, I open the DB from the front-end while holding the SHIFT key. This then allows me to go WINDOW/UNHIDE and select this "control panel" This not a form I have created, rather a part of access.

I was just hoping to have a button to restore it so i can edit my tables and forms etc quickly, without the haveing to SHIFT+OPEN, then unhide. The code I use does restore (or un-hide) this window, but I am unable to right click on it.

I have never used macros, but will have a go at doing what you've suggested. If this fails, any more ideas?

Thanks again for help! fingers crossed :)

sambucaman

Registered User.
Local time
Update. The macro option does not display the window i need to unhide - only forms I have created. Any suggestions?

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:45
Add a button on your form and behind it on the On Click Event use this code

Sub unhidewindow()
DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "", True
End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom