Open Form, acFormAdd occasionally replaces record (1 Viewer)

Futures_Bright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:58
Hi all,

I've noticed a little problem in my database and can't quite work out what causes it.

I've noticed that occasionally when pressing a button I've made to 'create a review record', it will overwrite the very first 'review' in the table even though it should be opening in the form acFormAdd.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas where to look for this?

I think for now I'll write in a check to see if a field is complete before adding a new entry but I would rather fix the problem if possible.

Kind regards,

Michael

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:58
I've experienced lots of problems when pressing button. I always look at the code that is executed when the button is pressed.

Futures_Bright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:58
Hi Cronk,

Thanks for your response. I've had a look at the code and unfortunately not been able to narrow it down. It happens correctly probably 99% of the time, but on those rare occasions where it doesn't seem to work pressing 'Undo', closing the form and then pressing the button again (i.e. the exact same process) it works.

I can't find any common factors, nor can I recreate the issue - it seems to be random. Hopefully the check I've built in when opening the form will work (it's difficult to know without being able to test it properly!).

I was hoping someone else might have experienced something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom