Open Form and have it Alphabetized by specific field, but different field each time.. (1 Viewer)

brian0721

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:11
I know how to do this if I want it set to be the same field each time, however sometimes the form needs to be ordered by 1 thing, and the next time by another. It all depends on what the user is looking for. I might be going about this all wrong, but its what I'm trying to do...

Thanks alot!

Chris RR

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:11
I've done this by having the column headings actually be buttons that the user could use to sort. So at first viewing, the screen is always sorted by, say, last name, but then the user could click on "department" and I just resort it for them. It's pretty intuitive for the user this way, just click on what you want to sort by...

brian0721

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:11
Chris RR said:
I've done this by having the column headings actually be buttons that the user could use to sort. So at first viewing, the screen is always sorted by, say, last name, but then the user could click on "department" and I just resort it for them. It's pretty intuitive for the user this way, just click on what you want to sort by...

That sounds like it would work. What is the code that will sort?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom