Output To Isn't Available without DB window visible (1 Viewer)

TKnight

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:10
Hi,

I have some VBA that is used to export a series of reports as snapshots, and then they are converted and rolled up into a single PDF document.

The code works fine in the development version of the DB but when I tested the function in an MDE for 2000, I get an error message about halfway through the sequence "The output to command isn't available now" or something like that. Weirdly, I logged in to the MDE with the shift key down, and the problem disappeared.

That triggered a memory that I have faced this problem before and the only cure I found was to keep the database window open. That time it was ok to do so because it wasn't being made public, but this DB is different. I have managed to get around the problem using VBA to show/hide the DB window before and after the sequence is run but it's a bit of a hack to be honest and i'd rather eliminate it if possible.

Does anyone else know how I can get around the problem?

If it helps it only occurs when muliple reports are being exported sequentially, a single report is ok.

I'm sure one of you wise old wizards has faced this problem before so hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom