Overlapping rows in my report (1 Viewer)

cnstarz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:02
I have a report whose fields are arranged in a table:

I need all fields to be able to grow in the event that there's more text than the box can hold, so I have all fields "Can Grow" property set to Yes.

However, when any of the top row fields (Field1, Field2, Field3) need to grow, the entire top row grow but the bottom row stays put and doesn't move down, which causes the top and bottom rows to overlap -- like below (look at ID # 4):

Hopefully this image helps you better understand what's going on. Green is the top row, Blue is bottom row:

Anyone know how I can get the bottom row to move down when the top row grows? I attached a copy of my database so you can see. Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• Report Formatting Problem.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 86

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:02
You need to have each "growing" control on a separate vertical (horizontal depending on how you look at it) area on the report.
It doesn't know what to do with the non-expanding controls hence your problem.

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 05:02
Actually check the size of one of your text fields to the right of the larger text field.
It seems to be that the width of one of them is spanning accross them all (TEST3).

Try to use line items instead of borders to create you visual designs of a report :)

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 05:02
Another method is to click on your properties window and traverse through the drop down list of controls on your report. Highlighting them all. There may be one behind everything that is brought to front on print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom